WhisperKOOL Twin Platinum Split
At WhisperKOOL, we have created a Platinum Split Twin system using two Platinum evaporators. This system offers the proven performance of the traditional Platinum Split, but provides double the cooling power. The internal components and outer housing have remained practically unchanged, simplifying installation and maintenance. Like the traditional Platinum Split, the Platinum Split Twin system can be installed in the cellar or fully ducted. The dual evaporators ensure that the efficiency and coverage of the system’s cooling power can be maximized.
The evaporators feature the same convenient removable front panels (for ease of maintenance) as the traditional Platinum Split. Each evaporator puts out 270 cubic feet of air per minute, and when ducted is virtually silent. This system makes use of WhisperKOOL’s liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe, which monitors the actual temperature of the wine to ensure that it is being kept at the correct temperature. The Platinum Split Twin’s combination of quiet operation, doubled cooling power, flexible installation options, and ease of maintenance make it a dynamic addition to the WhisperKOOL split system line.
NOTE: The Platinum Split Twin system must be installed by a qualified HVAC-R technician. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
- Greater cooling capacity
- Approx. 3000 cu. ft.
- Dual evaporators Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- Liquid-temperature-measuringbottle probe
- Flexible installation 55°F temperature differential
- Suitable for temperatures as low as -15F to 110F
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors w/optional housing
- Low ambient control.
- Pump-down system for longer compressor life*
- Now comes with Cold Weather Start Kit
24V Thermostat Conversion Kit:
Tap into the latest technology to manage and monitor your wine cellar environment with WhisperKOOL.
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems.
Utilize the industry leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (see individual thermostat manufactures features and benefits for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to:
- By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for the customers' selected thermostat.
BTUh Rating: There are circumstances in which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to existing restrictions. Building materials such as glass, stone, concrete, etc. do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimal cellar environment. We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for design limitations. *Undersized cooling units can lead to premature failure and/or prevent the system from reaching the desired set temperature. As a result, they are not covered under warranty.
Our split systems are "pump-down" systems, providing our customers with the most professional and reliable split cooling systems for wine cellars. The Ceiling Mount Twin utilizes R-404a refrigerant and has the built in capacity to be installed outside in cold weather climates where temperatures get as low as -15 degrees. Therefore, no Cold Weather Start Kit is required. Note: The systems do not include a line set.